Pontefract Home Guard

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontefract Home Guard

A forum for the members of the Pontefract home guard living history group

4 posters

Sheffield fair August Bank holiday

scallywag
    scallywag

Sheffield fair August Bank holiday Empty Sheffield fair August Bank holiday

Post  scallywag Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:15 pm

Booked in for this, [Sunday/Monday] i can only do Monday, are we displaying? [what we booked as] or just promanarding? Displays need to be taken Sunday i can bring back Monday. Who's doing it? i know about members with NWW2A.

Last edited by scallywag on Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    arnhemsteve
    arnhemsteve

Sheffield fair August Bank holiday Empty Re: Sheffield fair August Bank holiday

Post  arnhemsteve Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:06 am

myself, jan, lewis & daisy dog are going sunday so if you do a display im quite happy to be in camp, espec if other members go & want a wander around, i can " sit in". will be doing the battle tho with nww2a. on monday i believe it will be just myself & james at the event?
    Boots
    Boots

Post  Boots Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:14 am

Christine, James and me going sunday. If we're displaying can bring northover plus bren if needed, otherwise just promenade.
    scallywag
    scallywag

Post  scallywag Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:35 am

I would like us to display but it is not my decision as i'm only there Monday Paul said he would take kit?? Lokks like only me there Monday though. I'm sure loose kit [radio/ molotovs/ King/ flag] could be let over night with Ian and Carl. First one all paperwork done and sent, on good terms with the organiser so wouldn't want to let him down. dont think another H.G. group there so we should make the effort.
    corporal dixon

Sheffield fair August Bank holiday Empty re h.g. kit

Post  corporal dixon Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:15 am

Steve, we have just discussed (me, ian, christine & nina) about looking after H.G. kit and we feel that we cant be responsible for another groups kit. We all go out on the night and if anything should go missing we would be to blame. There will be other members of your group both sunday and monday, leave it with them.
    scallywag
    scallywag

Post  scallywag Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:00 pm

Yes okay understood.
    arnhemsteve
    arnhemsteve

Post  arnhemsteve Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:21 am

steve, i will be there on monday, however it may be nearer dinnertime before i can get down as i have to look after lewis in the morning while jan works. but i can sit in the camp if you want some time looking around, having a go on the "shoot the duck" stall etc, & i can give you a hand dismantling & packing up if you wish? i will be joining in the battle with nww2a in the afternoon whatever time it may be? apart from that im happy to help
    scallywag
    scallywag

Post  scallywag Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:12 pm

Cheers Steve, Might be an option for you to save kit overnight, should be Paul there Monday too i think.
    arnhemsteve
    arnhemsteve

Post  arnhemsteve Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:19 am

steve, i wont be staying over on the sunday night, will have to go home & like i say, i wont be back until monday din time, i am more than happy to take & look after h.g. kit on sunday, but you will lose half a day on monday until i can get down to sheffield to set up the display. up to you, will help best i can?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:26 pm