Pontefract Home Guard

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontefract Home Guard

A forum for the members of the Pontefract home guard living history group

PHG support for RBL and the Poppy Appeal

Lofty

PHG support for RBL and the Poppy Appeal Empty PHG support for RBL and the Poppy Appeal

Post  Lofty Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:25 pm

As many of you will know, Ackworth and Pontefract Royal British Legion have been taking part in a number of WW1 related Commemoration events, at which PHG WW1 troopers have supported us. I can only say a big thank you for your support which has been magnificent.
    I discussed with Dave the possibility of PHG taking a Poppy collection box, along to all your shows and I gave a box to Keith at our Bell Lane WW1 Commemoration. It would mean putting the box out for donations (and tying it down if possible)and when full (or at the end of the season) letting us have it back for counting. You will then get an official card or letter stating how much has been raised.
    It means PHG are a recognised supporter of RBL. If it raises a few extra pounds for our Appeal, all the better!
    If there is anything that we can support you with, please ask.
    Once agian, thanks for all your help and I look forward to working with you all in the future.
    Barry (aka Lofty)
    Lofty

PHG support for RBL and the Poppy Appeal Empty Re: PHG support for RBL and the Poppy Appeal

Post  Lofty Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:34 am

As a thanks to your lads supporting us at RBL events, we have a cheque for £50 for you to distribute as you think fit. I have emailed Steve who I think may be on holiday. If you have an address to send the cheque to your treasurer,please let me know and I will action it.
    Regards, Barry

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:45 am