Pontefract Home Guard

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontefract Home Guard

A forum for the members of the Pontefract home guard living history group

2 posters

"brian" the land rover & the great british weather!

arnhemsteve
    arnhemsteve

"brian" the land rover & the great british weather! Empty "brian" the land rover & the great british weather!

Post  arnhemsteve Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:00 am

ok so i know it aint ww2 or the home guard? but weather permitting i hope to have my ex-mil land rover on the road this year & am aiming for the st georges day parade in april for its debut as it is a multi history event. i hope to be able to take it to most multi period events in 2013 to display it alongside members of ace mobile lhg, who do most events that ponte hg do as well. i have got its service record from the RLC museum. it served from 1983-1999 with D company, 4th bat royal irish regiment, based in portadown, n ireland. this was a territorial unit, that sadly no longer exists as it was "absorbed" into other units in the 2000,s. it has been painted in infra red camo colours, & was fitted out to suit the portable 12v clansman radio. just need to replace the valve oil seals, bleed the brakes, replace the exhaust, fit the seats & belts, weld the rear crossmember etc. hope the weather stays fine??????????
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

"brian" the land rover & the great british weather! Empty Re: "brian" the land rover & the great british weather!

Post  Admin Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:26 am

well get on with it then! thats going to be my second tent Cool
    arnhemsteve
    arnhemsteve

"brian" the land rover & the great british weather! Empty Re: "brian" the land rover & the great british weather!

Post  arnhemsteve Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:18 am

there,s a ban on farting in it tho!!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:38 pm